Friday, February 26, 2010

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

I watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" on Youtube today. We actually had already started to watch it in reading class but I couldn't wait a whole weekend to finish it. We have been learning about the holocaust, (yes, in reading though I'm not sure why) and I think the movie was a great because it introduced the Holocaust from a child's innocent point of view.
The Holocaust was a horrible thing! Harmless people being taken away by the hundreds from their friends and homes to a place where you were almost guaranteed to die. A lot of people in Europe had no idea about the concentration camps until after the war. They just knew that their Jewish neighbors and friends were being taken away. But they never came back.
So where does OCD fit in you may ask? Nowhere. But I thought I'd share it with you :)
Although, the people persecuted were Jewish. Could there have been a scrupulous Jew or two among the millions? Most Certainly. The people in the camps suffered enough, but with OCD on top of it... ~shudder~

Another random thing. Almost all of the guys in my grade, (I'm not even kidding, like 70% of them) have something with the Jewish faith. I don't know what it is, maybe it was on one of those obnoxious shows they watch, but they are constantly yelling things like, "Jewish!" or "Nazi!" They have all of these inside Jewish jokes and they really make me mad. I could take a little, but it's constant "Hitler!" all day and it drives me crazy! I really hope they grow out of it soon :P

That's it for my blabbing today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment